Welcome - CMMS Counseling Office
Welcome to the Chief Moses Middle School
CMMS Counselor Vision Statement
CMMS Counselor Mission Statement
The Mission of the Chief Moses Middle School Counseling Department is to provide equitable access for all students to a comprehensive school counseling program, delivered by professional school counselors to meet the needs of every student. Our school counselors collaborate with the community, parents/guardians, and other educators to ensure that all students are empowered to be high school ready.
The Chief Moses Middle School Counseling Team believes
- All students have dignity and worth.
- It’s all about relationships.
- All students have a right to a safe and supportive learning environment.
- The school counseling program serves a central role in meeting students’ developmental needs through interventions in academic, career, and personal/social domains.
- Preventative strategies are best practice.
- The American School Counselor Association ethical standards should guide the work of the school counseling program and school counselors.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does a student see a counselor?
How does a parent/guardian see a counselor?
Why would a student see a counselor?
- Academic/Educational Counseling - Students sometimes have academic problems in areas including study habits, expectations, time management, organizational skills, and their curriculum. A counselor will assist students in exploring solutions to these and other academic problems.
- Personal/Social Counseling - A counselor may assist students to develop skills to interact more effectively with others, identify personal values, talents, and transition into and out of middle school. The counselors will also provide support and assistance to students and families in crisis and can provide referrals to outside agencies for more extensive assistance including counseling, evaluations, and/or treatment.
- Career/Vocational Counseling - A counselor may assist students in the early stages of career exploration.